Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Review



http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/
Hi guys! This is Bec. I will be writing reviews on games, TV shows and movies every week so if you have anything you want me to play or to look into, feel free to let me know! I thought for the first one, I would start out with a game that is really recent; Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. 

In the past when I have played various games, I have found it difficult finishing them or getting through them as I get bored easy and end up playing something else. This has not been a problem with the latest CoD game. Seeing as I have an Xbox 360, there is actually no campaign mode on the game and so there is a lot of multiplayer and zombie action! This is perfect for me as I usually do not pay attention to the cut scenes and I do not become invested in the story lines.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Call of Duty franchise, they are first-person shooter (FPS) games made byTreyarch and published by Activision that are set both in the past and in the future during times of global war and conflict. 

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is set in 2065 in a world of bio-technology where in which both men and women are fighting in response to the drone assaults in Black Ops 2. There is a very obvious evolution of the multiplayer component of the game that was trialed in CoD: Advanced Warfare. Rather than limiting the fighting to the ground, players can now take to the air. Thruster packs have been introduced in the latest game, where in which, players can perform higher jumps onto roofs, wall runs and sliding. This has so far really captivated many people, including myself, as, not only is there more freedom in the game, but it also challenges a lot of the more experienced players. It is 100% more engaging and exciting!

Now, by no means am I a 'great' player! I have only been playing the Call of Duty games for about two years. Over this time period, I stopped playing the games for a while as I became bored. Black Ops 3 brought my passion back for the game and I have been playing heaps of Black Ops 2 to become a better player! 

Although the game itself is amazing, the one criticism I have for it is that some of the maps are a lot better. I cannot critique this too much as I like big maps but many people have complained about one of the new maps called 'Gauntlet' from the new DLC pack: Awakening that was released on 2 February. 'Gauntlet' is made up of three different habitats (arctic, forest and urban) and is very large. This is both a good and a bad thing! Although it is breathtaking, it takes a really long time to run the vicinity of it!

Below, I will Ali-A's youtube channel. Ali-A is known as the world's most subscribed and most viewed Call of Duty youtuber in the world!


Ali-A   


https://www.youtube.com/user/MoreAliA/videos

Thanks for reading! Let me what other games you would like me to review! As I mentioned above, I will also be reviewing TV shows and movies so feel free to suggest anything under those categories!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment