Monday, February 29, 2016

Review: The Sims 4

economygaming.com


When it comes to the Sims 4, I am of two minds. On one hand, I absolutely love building and designing houses and creating people (sims), but on the other hand, I get really bored actually playing the sims. A couple of weeks ago, I spent up to around 25 hours creating a Vintage style mansion in the game based on houses I see on design shows. I got so lost in the landscaping, architecture and designing the interiors that before long, I had spent hours on end on a house I did not play in very long.

After having created the monstrosity of a house, I spent a few hours creating a family to go with it. This is where it started to go downhill O.o haha! I played the family for all of ten minutes and got bored! It was so anti-climatic and disappointing for me because I had wasted many hours on this house. That is when it hit me. I am not that into The Sims 4! Don't get me wrong, I love designing houses! I have even challenged myself to make the tiniest houses and the cheapest houses, but I do not enjoy playing the sims that I create.

To me, it is really tedious and repetitive, and before long all the days morph into one big long day! For those of you who want to get into the Sims 4 and have not played the previous ones, there is a lot more freedom in terms of the construction of houses. This being said though, at the moment you are still not able to alter the topography of the landscape around your house yet! One thing I really love about this game is the fact that you can have varying wall heights and angled walls. This makes designing so much more interesting as there are a thousand and one more possibilities!

Altogether, I would have to rate the Sims 4 a 3/5. The design aspect of the game is amazing, but I have found the game play a little bit boring! For me, I need more action and challenge. Some people I know really enjoy the game play side rather than the design side, but I think I am just going to stick to designing houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment