Sunday, March 6, 2016

Beauty Bits: Preventing the Smudge




With the recent weather hitting the 30 mark, some of us may be bathing in the sunlight getting their tan on while the majority of us will be sweating it out, walking around campus, to the train station or to the local maccas down the road. 
Sadly for me, I do have quite oily skin especially when the weather starts to heat up so keeping my makeup intact during these times is a must!



During the hotter times of the year, my makeup routine does change up, as I don't tend to wear any face makeup (foundation, bronzer, highlight etc). But for those who cant leave the house without their face on I would recommend swapping their cream foundation to a powder foundation or setting their cream face products with a good setting powder.
My favourite setting powder is the Physicians Formula Super BB Powder, I find that it keeps the oil intact longer than others Ive tried (Rimmel Stay Matte *coughcough*), it is also marketed to have some coverage but I personally don't see any coverage.


As for the eyeshadow as well as eyeliner, its best to be using a good eyeshadow primer that works for you. I use the Too Faced Shadow Insurance which I wouldn't say is the best for me but it does the job in adding some smudging/creasing protection, it is trial and error to find a good one but make sure you don't put too much on the eyes as I find that too much primer on the lids can make the eye products slip around.


My little secret with having my makeup not smudge is this bad boy, the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. I swear that this product has changed my life. Ever since I got my hands on this, it makes my entire makeup from face to brows to eye products last! I use it everyday and it is also a lifesaver when your face makeup looks rather patchy or dry as it will smooth it out. Seriously life changing, if you have a little extra money to splurge I highly recommend this one.

If you still are using the best of the best primers and setting powders and your face is still melting like a snowman in summer I would try and swap your makeup products to smudgeproof/waterproof options.

After years of searching for my holy grail eyeliner, I did happen to come across the Kat Von D Liquid  Liner which is the best liquid liner Ive ever used, ever since using this I haven't had any panda eye issues as well as any major smudging incidents, I found the Stila Stay All Day Liner to be quite similar as well.
With pencil eyeliner, I never put in on the waterline as it will always end in a mess so i apply my pencil liner on the lashline and then set it with an eyeshadow thats of similar colour! The current one I've been using is the Holika Holika Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner with a  shade in the Chi Chi Rich Gems Palette.


For Mascaras I found that some of the waterproof mascaras smudged a lot on me during summer, while some of the non-waterproof ones actually lasted without smudging. The ones Ive tried and have been current and past favourites of mine is the Fairy Drops Mascara (waterproof), Majolica Majorca Lash Expander (waterproof), Maybelline Hypercurl (non-waterproof), Maybelline One by One (non-waterproof) and the Benefit They're Real (waterproof). So don't try buying every single waterproof mascara you can find since you could come across one of your best mascaras to be a non-waterproof version.



Its also important to make sure your face is a clean canvas before applying your makeup so any oils from the night before won't disrupt your makeup from smudging. I always cleanse my face every morning and then spray my face with the Mario Badescu Facial Spray which does say that is sets makeup whilst also being a facial mist so it gives me the comfort of being a base while acting as a skincare step for me. I also use the Garnier Micellar Water if theres any left over makeup stuck between the lashes or if I wake up late and don't have time to wash my face.


If you have time between classes its best to double check your makeup in those times incase you need to reapply, or even fix up your makeup if you happen to get the smudgies.
If setting powder never works, bring blotting paper to get rid of the oil instead of covering the oil. I get my blotting paper from Daiso, it does the trick and it also only costed me $2.50 for 300 sheets!
Also bring a mini or portable mirror incase you cant stop by the toilets, I personally just use my phone screen to double check my eye makeup before classes start.

These are the tips and tricks which I personally use to make my makeup last throughout the day especially in the 40 degree heat. Hope at least some of these will be of help to you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment