Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Aimee's Book Corner: Eragon

Aimee’s Book Corner: Eragon



“One boy…One dragon…A world of adventure.” When the blurb of a book talks about dragons you have to start thinking to yourself “this is going to be great” (how can anything with dragons not be great?) The Inheritance Cycle is a whirlwind of strange words, new languages (which you will have to learn, much like Eragon himself) and dragon fights.

This is probably one of the few stories I have ever read with a male protagonist. Whether this is just because I am (shockingly) a girl, or whether there just aren’t many male protags any more is anyone’s guess. But Eragon is very much a typical 15 year old boy. That is, until he finds a dragon egg deep in The Spine.

Now, I won’t do any spoiling, because once you start reading these books you probably won’t stop. Paolini is an amazing story-teller, and he takes you from action-packed sequences to lulls in a way that makes you feel like you’re there. Riding alongside Eragon as he races to find….well, I’ll leave that for you to find out!

I’ve loved this series ever since I was like 10, and even though it might be a touch confusing (the languages especially) the first read through, the more you read it, the more you will learn to love the world of Alagaesia.  


My Rating: ★★★☆☆ – Definitely find, and read, this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment