Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Aimee's Book Corner: Harley Quinn


If ever you've seen me around campus, you would have more than likely seen me in one of my (many) Harley T-Shirt. If you haven't figured it out from that; I love Harley Quinn.

This crazy lady started off pretty average (if you can call a genius I.Q. average) she got a doctorate, and a masters in psychology. All the poor girl wanted to do was help. And then she met him.

There are several reasons why I love the relationship between Harley and Joker. Now, a lot of the time its portrayed as pretty much a fan-girl getting her man. It's not like that in the comics. In the comic, you get to see Joker, caring for Harley as much as she cares for him.

It's like watching Gomez and Morticia from the Adams family. Their a little weird and mostly crazy, but these two homicidal maniacs are totally right for one another. However, as this comic progresses we get to see Harley without Joker. In one we actually see her trying to turn her life around, pleading 'Stockholm Syndrome.' However, when you pay attention to her origins, you know Harley fell for Joker in the old-fashioned way; by pretending to be an inmate.

Harley herself describes it:

"I found Jokers psyche disturbing, his dementia alarming, and his charm irresistible"

I love this comic-book, as an origin story, and a different way to explore characters we all thought we knew.

My Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment