Monday, April 11, 2016

President’s Guide to Supanova



Ah it’s that wonderful time of year again when conventions begin, and the first big one is Supanova. Supanova was actually the first convention I ever went to, and it was fantastic. Just like always it’s held at the Melbourne Showgrounds in one of the large buildings. There are lots of stalls set up selling things, as well as artists advertising their works.

But of course one of the major pulls for me at least is the “Supa-star” Guests, selling autographs and/or photos. But watch out these can be pretty expensive so it’s a good idea to limit yourself. My maximum is two autographs per convention, but I’ve already gathered quite a few in my time. My picks for this year are Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto from Torchwood), and Amy Acker (Fred from Angel).

But let’s not forget about the awesome cosplayers that always make every one else feels kinda inadequate. At conventions such as these it’s not unusual to find at least 5 assassins, 7 ninjas, and about 5000 Doctor’s, trust me. I myself have cosplayed twice, and plan to do so again this year. But I’m nowhere near these guy’s levels.

If you do come make sure you don’t come unprepared always bring:
·       Snacks
·       A drink bottle
·       Money
·       Your Ticket (Pre-paying is the best way to go)
·       A camera
But barring any massive catastrophes you’ll be good to go!





Stephen Wynton

No comments:

Post a Comment