Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Conjuring Movie Review


I don't know about you guys but I sure do love me a good horror movie! 

Directed by James Wan and based on a true story, The Conjuring follows the story of two world renowned paranormal investigators, who are called upon to help the Perron family who experience hauntings in their secluded farmhouse. I don't want to give too much away as the story line is really good and it is made even scarier by the fact that it is based off real life paranormal investigators and events. For anyone who is interested, I have linked the trailer below:


One thing I must say I really liked was the trailer itself. By itself, the trailer was actually pretty terrifying! A lot of the trailer in horror movies tend to more or less give away the ending - this one built suspense before you even watched the movie!

As a whole, the acting in The Conjuring was really good and there were a lot of jump scares to keep you on edge! I loved that the overall feel was really creepy - seeing the clips of bodies hanging from the tree and swinging in the wind really got to me and made it all the more suspenseful!

"This James Wan scarefest is frighteningly effective and surprisingly spiritual. But the images it offers will haunt you long after you turn the lights back on". Full review
Paul Asay

This line from Paul Asay's review on the movie is one that I really agree with. Although, I did not find the movie itself overly scary, what made me a little scared afterwards was the whole idea of it actually being real. In his review, Chris Stuckmann summed this up by stating "the scariest thing to an audience is has nothing to do with what you see, but what you don't". This is very true for this movie. After the movie finished, it gave me a lot to think about and made me really uncomfortable for a good couple of hours!

I am sure in the years to come, Wan's The Conjuring will be known as a 'classic'. It is that good!

Rating: 4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment